FM Transmitter Troubleshooting Tips
- HEADPHONE JACK: The use of a cover on your device may prevent the headphone jack from inserting fully into your device's headphone port. If you do use a cover, try removing it and then re-insert the headphone jack.
- AUDIO SIGNAL: If you are experiencing issues with the audio signal, test the FM Transmitter with another device, if possible (another phone, iPod, etc.). If the FM Transmitter works as expected with another device, then the issue is most likely isolated to your device.
- VOLUME: For best results, set the volume on your device to maximum, and adjust the volume on your vehicle's stereo as needed. To protect a user's hearing, most devices contain a feature that limits the volume coming from the headphone port, so you may need to check your device's settings for this volume-limiting option and then disable it.
- STATIC: To eliminate or minimize static, use frequencies at the lower end of your vehicle's stereo's range, and also place the device on your vehicle's dashboard or passenger seat, away from the FM Transmitter itself. When properly calibrated with your vehicle's stereo, you should not be bothered by static.
- FM FREQUENCIES: You should be able to identify several unused FM frequencies on your vehicle's stereo that provide clear reception. For quick adjustments in the future, you can use the preset buttons on both the FM Transmitter and your vehicle's stereo to save these unused frequencies.
- POWER: If the FM Transmitter does not turn on, then test it in another vehicle, if possible. If it works as expected in the other vehicle, then the issue is most likely with your vehicle's power port. If it fails to work as expected in the other vehicle, then check to see if the fuse in the FM Transmitter has blown. The FM Transmitter is equipped with a 3-amp/250-volt fuse which is accessed by unscrewing the two-piece metal tip.
- METAL TIP: The two-piece metal tip may loosen over time. This can be caused by the twisting of the FM Transmitter back and forth while it is inserted into the power port. Tighten the tip by turning it clockwise until fully secure. Remove to access fuse if needed.
Featured Products ( 8 )
TuneBand® for iPhone 6/6S $22.99